Help Page - moviesnearme.co.uk
Website Features and Example Use
- Highlights the best Movies by UK Town, Year, Genre, Actor, Director, on Netflix or Amazon Prime.
- Highlights the best Actors, Directors and Actor / Directors.
- Provides 3 levels of Movie view : List, Detail and Poster.
- Provides many internal and external links.
- A mouse and large screen are recommended, a tablet is acceptable, a mobile can be used in an emergency.
- In the Title box on the Home Page enter "isle".
- The popup list then includes : "Isle of Dogs (2018) 84% [Animation, Adventure, Comedy]"
- Click on this entry to be taken to Details for this movie on the 2018 Year Details page.
- Amongst the Movie Details are internal links to the Director and Actors pages, links to the movie page on IMDB and Wikipedia and links to reviews on IMDB, Metacritic and other External Reviews.
Movie Rating %For each movie we calculate a Rating % by averaging scores from IMDB (Internet Movie Database), Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic. Our calculated Rating % is shown in bold before the Movie title in both List and Detail views. If 2 or more movies have the same Rating we list the one with most scores first and if they also have the same number of scores we list the most recent first.
How Accurate are the moviesnearme.co.uk Movie Ratings?If you're in tune with movie critics you may attach more weight to the Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic ratings, if you're more in tune with "Joe Public" you may find the IMDB ratings a better guide. Further Info : Wisdom of the Crowd IMDB Ratings Ratings Compared
Best Actors, Best Directors, Best Actor / DirectorsThese tables are found on the Best Page. They are compiled using the movie ratings for Actors and Directors who have at least 10 films on this website and for the ranking we use their best 10 films (you can re-order the tables by clicking on the column headers). Of course they are a crude measure, especially for Actors as the ratings used apply to movies rather than individual Actors (though perhaps the best Actors get to appear in the best films?).
Box Office FiguresThe Box Office figures, where available, should be taken with a huge dose of salt. For accurate figures see : boxofficemojo.com
Your Amazing Brain and WARNING : Multiple Versions (check with cinema)Your amazing brain, the most complex object in the known universe, with it's 100 trillion connections, 3.5 billion years of evolution and your whole life to develop it's common-sense algorithms, is no doubt better than www.moviesnearme.co.uk (after a few hours of my coding) at identifying film titles in cinema listings.
eg. "The Little Mermaid" has versions from 1968, 1975, 1976, 1989, 1992 and 2011 and might appear in a cinema listing in many forms such as :
"Little Mermaid", "Little Mermaid, the", "The Little Mermaid (1976)", "The Little Mermaid (1968 Version)", "The Little Mermaid 3D", "The Little Mermaid + live musical accompaniment", "The Little Mermaid + The Mermaid", "English National Ballet : The Little Mermaid", "Kendal Film Festival 2018 : The Little Mermaid" etc. etc.
www.moviesnearme.co.uk does it's best to make sense of this. Where multiple versions are found for a film but the year is not found in the cinema listing we show details for the latest version and also show a warning to check the version with the cinema (and provide IMDB links to all versions).